Please help youth through the Covid-19 crisis.
In the face of the coronavirus pandemic, Project Exploration strategically and sustainably built STEM@home virtual program opportunities to supplement existing programs. Intentionally building upon and strengthening in-person programs, STEM@home allows PE to create transformative learning opportunities for youth underrepresented in the sciences regardless of school closures and strikes. Additionally, meeting the needs of students who are notoriously truant, STEM@home seeks to bring and incentivize STEM learning opportunities not only in the after-school space, but also at home.
Make a Donation
In these unprecedented times, monetary donations provide PE with the flexibility to respond immediately to the growing and changing needs of our youth. All donations are tax-deductible and the recently passed Care Act make now a better time to donate than ever to donate with additional tax relief for donors.
Find a gift level that's meaningful for you.
- $25 – provides one STEM@home kit to a PE family
- $50 – covers one LIVE STEM@home program session
- $100 – provides Explore Store gift card incentives for 4 families to complete STEM@home activities
- $250 – recognizes a PE All-Star family for completing 200 STEM@home activities
- $500 – allows PE to provide a mobile wifi solution for families without internet access on Chicago’s South and West sides
- $1,000 – covers printing and supply costs for one full shipment of STEM@home kits
- $2,500 – allows PE to double the number of families receiving free STEM@home kits
Project Exploration is working to bridge the digital divide among our students. Of households within the boundaries of CPS, about 14% didn’t have a home computer and 24% lack a broadband internet subscription (U.S. Census Bureau, 2018). Many of these homes are the estimated to be in the neighborhoods PE serves. As we work rapidly to assess to access to technology and internet among our families, we are simultaneously seeking the support of our supporters and partners to help fill those needs.
If you have a device you are willing to donate to an enrolled PE student, please complete the form below.
Donate a Device
It takes a village to inspire the next generation of STEM professionals! Work with our team to find a virtual volunteer opportunity that works with your schedule. Create STEM challenges and lesson plans (e.g. Catapult Challenge), become a virtual STEM mentor providing recorded and/or live program sessions to PE students, or provide other skill-based services to PE and our youth through this crisis. Whether you join Project Exploration for a one-time or regular volunteer engagement, your contributions will directly further our mission.