One-time or recurring volunteer opportunities for you or your group
will directly further Project Exploration’s mission!
Help us change the face of STEM!
Project Exploration is a Chicago-based nonprofit science education and youth development organization launched in 1999 to address inequities in access to high-quality STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) opportunities. With equity at our core, we serve youth from communities historically underrepresented in STEM fields and recruit students who are curious and interested in science but face systemic challenges to accessing high-quality opportunities.
It takes a village to maintain our program spaces and inspire the next generation of STEM professionals! Start the conversation with our team using the form below and you’ll be one step closer to finding a volunteer opportunity that works with your busy schedule while transforming the lives of our young people.
Our students historically include:
Volunteers who believe in our mission, and especially STEM professionals who are reflective of the young people we serve, are needed to help PE transform lives and inspire the next generation of STEM trailblazers.
Group volunteer opportunities include:
- Adopt a Classroom (in-person) – help organize, maintain, and bring new life to our spaces with new supplies and decorations
- Host an Event (in-person or virtually) – plan and host an event for PE youth in close collaboration with our staff (e.g. family night, holiday STEM party)
- Lead a STEM Activity (in-person or virtually) – plan and lead a lesson for youth in daytime or after-school programs
Individual volunteer opportunities include:
- Classroom Helper (in-person or virtually) – work directly with youth in our after-school and daytime programs, assisting PE staff in engaging youth in hands-on STEM activities
- STEM Mentor (in-person and/or virtually) – give youth a glimpse into your career, help students secure internships or scholarships, complete college app and inspire the next generation to explore the opportunities available to them in STEM
- Tutor (in-person and/or virtually) – help youth with homework during our after-school and daytime programs
- General Volunteer (in-person or virtually) – share your unique skills (e.g. graphic design, photography) or provide extra hands and support in our office or programs
Complete the form below to let us know how you envision making a difference in the lives of our young people.